Karaoke Lyrics Editor is a program which lets you edit and synchronize lyrics with karaoke songs in varions formats. Currently supported formats include LRC, LRCv2 (supported by XBMC) and Ultrastar (without pitch). Export into the CD+G format is supported, as well as export into video. Unlike just regular lyrics available everywhere, lyrics suitable for karaoke players need to have timing marks which tell the player when to show a specific line, and when and how highlight the words.
Unlike most lyrics editors for Linux, it is self-sufficient, and does not depend on KDE or some external players. Karaoke Lyrics Editor is available for Linux and Windows, and uses the Qt toolkit, SDL and FFMpeg libraries.
Karaoke Lyrics Editor is free software released under GNU General Public License version 3.
The latest version is 1.4 released on Dec 22, 2012. This version has the following changes:
- Added partial KaraFun (KFN) format support. The KaraFun files could be imported during the project creation (only music and lyrics). Also the lyrics could be imported via Project -> Import lyrics.
- Added the time adjustment dialog which allows modifying all the timestamps in the file simultaneously.
- Added the option to automatically create end-of-line timing marks (useful with import of LRCv2)
- Exceeding the 16 colors during CD+G output does not result in crash anymore.
- The code does not use deprecated FFMpeg functions anymore, should fix builds on some new distributions.
- Various video and CD+G output fixes.
- It is possible to change the “Created by” string in title (registration required)
- If found during the project creation, lyrics now imported automatically
As usual, the latest version is available at SourceForge.