Kchmviewer is distributed in source code form which needs to be built before it could be used.If you’re not familiar with building the applications, you are advised to download a prebuilt package, preferably from your Linux distribution. If you’re a Microsoft Windows user, there is a prebuilt Windows package available for you as well.
If you want to build Kchmviewer from the source, you need to do the following:
- Download the latest version from SourceForge;
- Check that you have installed the development packages for your platform, notably gcc, g++ and make;
- Check that you have installed qt4-devel and chmlib-devel (or libchm-devel) packages. If your platform has separate development files for QtWebkit you must install them too;
- If you want to build the KDE version, check that you have installed the appropriate development package (typically kde4-workspace-devel) and cmake;
- Unpack the downloaded archive and cd into it;
- To build the Qt-only version, run qmake && make
- To build the KDE version, run mkdir build; cd build && cmake .. && make
- To install the application just copy the binary somewhere.
The Windows version also could be compiled using open source MinGW compiler with the provided build-win32-mingw.sh script.